Thursday, July 8, 2010

Edgeinspired - The UK

My next Etsy artist from the UK to feature is Edgeinspired. They have been on Etsy for only a few months. I absolutely love the originality and beauty of every item they sell. "Edge Inspired is the place to find hanging gifts, original art collages, personalized Wedding Favors, handmade gift tags. Beautiful curiosities inspired by the sea."

Here is a brief interview with the artist(s):

Tell us a little bit about yourself:My name is Charlotte. I live in Hampshire in the New Forest in England. My partner and I are lucky enough to also live very close to the sea. We love to take an evening walk along the shore. It's so relaxing after a busy day at the office. We often spend hours searching for treasures and gaining inspiration for our new pieces.
What is something that makes you and where you come from stand out:

We come from a beautiful part of England and find it so inspiring to walk along the beach or take a picnic to the woods. Summer in the New forest is a wonderful time of year, the cool blues of the ocean and the fresh calming greens of the forest. We love incorporating the treasures that we find into our pieces, so you may well find tiny shells or a piece of beautiful sea glass in your picture. The whole process of selecting 'just the right combination' of treasures for our pictures is so much fun!

We love the products we make and get so much pleasure creating every single item. We use allot of recycled items in our pieces. Be it paper remnants, forgotten jewels and so much more! we love taking abandoned things out of their original context and transforming them into something beautiful.


What is it that you create?

We create a selection of handmade gift tags, original mixed media collages and gorgeous wooden hanging gifts. Beautiful curiosities inspired by the sea. We are in the process of adding a selection of personalized wedding favors to our range. Our heads are bursting with new ideas so stay tuned.





What inspired you to start creating?

Ever since I was a small girl I have always loved to create things. I spent some time at art collage when I was younger which inspired me to combine my love of different
medias. My partner and I discovered Etsy a couple of months ago. He is very creative as well. We decided to combine our creativity and open our Etsy shop.


What is your most favourite item you have created?

That's a hard one as we love all the items we create.


Any inspirations you would like to mention?

I am influenced by so many different things every single day!! I can't pinpoint any particular person, but I love seeing beautiful photos, interesting natural forms, the reflections of light across the ocean, a collection of random items..... so many things!


Please share with us any blunders you have encountered as a seller, if any, and how you resolved the issue.

Our biggest blunder would be not calculating our postage correctly. On our first couple of sales we made a small loss as we totally underestimated our postage costs.


Any tips or advice you would like to share with the readers?

Love what you do and believe in yourself.


Make sure you check out there shop here. Stay tuned: Next Monday will be another UK Etsy artist feature!

No comments:

Post a Comment